Sunday, February 14, 2010

Europe and Commercialized Holidays

Weeeeeeellll folks it's that time of year again! Time to turn your piggy banks over and shake every last coin from them. For those of you who live under rocks, it's Valentine's Day, one of the fastest growing commercialized holidays out there (I can see the owners of Hallmark sitting in a dark office room greedily counting their money right about now). No more is this holiday about spending time with your loved ones, it's about how extravagant of a gift you can get your sweetheart, a competition between you and your friends about how many Valentine's you received. But I'm not complaining, because who doesn't want a good excuse to eat chocolate right?
I feel like I had to add something in there about Valentine's Day to give me a better excuse to blog. If you would like, feel free to erase the first paragraph out of your memories. On to the most exciting part of my post this fine, fine day... I'm going to Europe! For real this time! I have my passport application sent in and everything. We're going (probably) the last week in April, and I'm so excited! It's going to be me, my parents, my brother Tadd, and my brother Brad and his wife Alyson (again, probably). We'll be traveling to some of the places I've always wanted to go to, Paris, the Loire Valley, and London! I'm so excited! Just typing this paragraph is making me hyperventilate. It's literally a dream come true!
Well, I just wanted to share with you all that news. I hope you've had a great day! And a Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

p.s. Do you think Mrs. Shinn would give me extra credit for seeing a play in the Globe Theater? Hmmm.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I didn't know Brad and Alyson were going to go! So fun!