Saturday, April 17, 2010

Memories

I'm lying in the middle of a field, my arms spreadeagled out around me. The warm spring sun washes over me. Clouds pass overhead but I do not notice because my eyes are closed tight. I am thinking, dreaming, being. This is where I am the happiest. No expectations, no judging eyes staring at me. Nothing but the colors swimming on the inside of my eyes. I bask in all my good memories as I hide away the bad ones for just a few hours. A birthday party. An afternoon with friends. A family reunion. These are the times that I dwell on-only the positive. Finally, even for that brief time, I feel... happy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Marissa, this like...spoke to me. It was extraordinary! This explained my whole day - which happens a lot recently. This was beautiful.

Allison said...

Marissa, you're TALENTED! i loved this :) truer than true. No one wants to be judged, no one needs it. So let's forget about it and just be happy :)