Monday, June 28, 2010


The rain is falling,
Pitter, patter, on the ground.
Dark clouds loom overhead,
The sound of thunder pounds in the distance.
And where am I?
I'm not hiding from this wet monster,
Nor watching it safely from the comfort of my house,
I'm not walking down the street guarded by a black umbrella,
No, I'm outside, barefoot and free,
Twirling around, my face turned towards heaven,
The music of this storm plays on in my head,
As I direct the orchestra of clouds with my hands.
"Are you crazy?!" some might say, as they pass me on the street,
"Perhaps," is my sly reply.
As the drops of water coat my skin,
And the danger of lightning is imminent,
I ponder their words.
Were they right? I don't know,
but I don't care what they think,
They may laugh, they may scorn,
But I am strong, I can make it through,
Because....
"life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass it's about learning to dance in the rain."

2 comments:

Josie said...

I love thunderstorms, but not so much dancing in the rain...

Tadd said...

I love it! Is that last line original or did you find it somewhere? I can see that as a movie line that people quote from some well-remembered movie. Let me know if you want to take a walk in the rain sometime :)