Monday, January 10, 2011

I sing in the shower like nobody's business.

I often stay up late watching chick flicks because I don't want anyone to see me cry at the sappy parts.

I have a random love for nuts. Last year I was addicted to peanuts, and now I am addicted to almonds--not the roasted, sugary carnival kinds--straight almonds.

I sometimes fantasize that I am a famous dancer, which could never be possible because:
a) I took dance for two years when I was REALLY little
b) I am not flexible
c) I have absolutely NO rhythm whatsoever
and,
d) I am a member of the Farmer family

I also fantasize about being Harry Potter and/or being at Hogwarts. Although, if I was at Hogwarts I would be a Ravenclaw, not a Gryffindor.

I have an insane fear of heights and I hate it. I've always wanted to have a tree house (much less climb up into one), but every time I start climbing the ladder to one, I start to shake so violently it's almost as if I'm having a seizure.

I am O.C.D. about grades. I don't just want to get good grades; it's as if I have to. This may make me sound all stuck up and goody-goody, but I don't know what I'd do if I wasn't good at school. I've always been the nerdy one!

I've got my life planned out for me: I'm going to marry an insanely rich guy and go travel the world/live in England. Although, if I did live in England, I wouldn't want to live in a mansion even if my husband was rich. I would live in one of those quaint English cottages.

I love to volunteer. My favorite thing about having diabetes is that there seems to be more opportunities for me to volunteer at diabetes-related activities and such. The sad thing is, I've had conflicts the past year or so and haven't been able to do it.

I love classical music. I would never ever listen to it on my iPod, but I absolutely go giddy if it is played on the piano. It's so beautiful.

I also love rap, but mostly just Eminem.

On this little music kick, I like almost every kind of musical genre, except opera. Give me some country: love it. Rap: sweet. Pop: Pretty good (now, if you were to make me listen to JB or Smiley Miley Cyrus, that's a whole different story). Indie: awesome! Rock: pretty cool. Just no opera, thank you very much.

My favorite SNL actor is Kristen Wiig, and if you haven't seen any of her videos, go here and watch some of her videos.These aren't all of the skits she's been in, so if you like her, go searching for more!

Oh, speaking of great videos, if you haven't seen this music video, please do. I think it's hilarious, but maybe that's just me.

That's a little bit about me. Marissa Ann Farmer. Take it or leave it, it's what makes me me, what makes me happy, and I don't change for nobody.




2 comments:

Josie said...

Nice to meet you, Marissa Farmer. The music video was pretty crazy--what were the thinking in the 80's??

Steph said...

I laughed out loud at the "member of the Farmer family" comment. Oooooh genes run strong... I have high hopes that my kids get some dancing genes through Lon's side!